Who can tag or mention me in their photos and videos on Instagram?
You can choose the audience that can tag or mention you on Instagram in your privacy settings. If someone that’s not in your selected audience tries to tag or mention you, they’ll see that you don’t allow tags or mentions from everyone.
To update your tag and mentions settings:
From the Instagram app
- Go to your profile by tapping in the bottom right.
- Tap in the top right.
- Tap Settings then tap Privacy. From here you can update your:
- Tag settings. Tap Tags, then tap the circle to the right of the audience you want to let tag you (example: Only People You Follow or No One).
- Mentions settings. Tap Mentions, then tap the circle to the right of the audience you want to let mention you (example: Only People You Follow or No One).
You can also choose whether photos and videos you're tagged in appear on your profile manually or automatically. By default, when someone tags a photo or video of you, it will automatically be added to your profile.
Keep in mind, if you block someone, they won't be able to tag you or mention your username.
- When I tag someone in a photo or video on Instagram, who can see it?
- What happens when someone mentions me in their story on Instagram?
- Who can see the photos and videos I've been tagged in on my Instagram profile?
- Can I tag people in someone else's photo or video on Instagram?
- How do I remove myself from a photo or video someone tagged me in on Instagram?