Instagram for Android Beta Program
The Android beta program gives people who use Instagram for Android early access to upcoming versions of the app. Join the program to give early feedback and help improve the Instagram for Android app for everyone.
If you're interested in joining, please keep in mind that beta versions of Instagram for Android are early versions of the app. They're still in development, have known issues and are updated multiple times per week.
If you use Instagram for Android, complete the following steps from your Android to get access to and start testing the beta version of the app:
- Join the Instagram for Android Beta Testers Google group
- Tap Become a Tester in the Google Play Store
- Download Instagram from the Play Store to update your app
- Turn on automatic updates (the beta version of Instagram for Android will be updated multiple times per week)
You'll remain a beta tester until you leave the beta program.
Note: You need to join the Google group using the same email address that you use on your Play Store account. You can see which email address you've used in the past by opening the Play Store app on your Android and tapping the top-left corner.
To stop using the beta version of Instagram for Android:
- Go to the Google Play Store and tap Leave the test
- Uninstall the test version of the Instagram app from your Android
Once you've completed both of these steps, you'll no longer be testing the beta version of the app. You can install the regular public version of the Instagram for Android app from the Play Store.
If you're having trouble downloading the latest beta version of Instagram for Android, try these troubleshooting steps: