How do I watch videos or view posts with other people on Instagram?
This feature may be unavailable in Japan and for countries located in Europe.
You can watch videos and posts in a video chat with other Instagram and Facebook accounts from the Instagram app for Android and iPhone. You’ll be able to choose from TV shows, movies, IGTV videos, reels, and other posts on Instagram. You’ll need to update to Messenger features on Instagram to use it.
If you’re video chatting with a Facebook account, that account can share Facebook Watch videos to watch with you.
To watch something together:
- Tap Media at the bottom of your active video chat.
- Find something to watch. To browse through different categories of videos and posts, tap:
- to watch or view posts you’ve liked
- to watch or view posts you’ve saved
- to watch or view suggested posts
- to watch TV shows and movies
- to watch IGTV videos
- To stop watching a video or post, tap Remove in the top right of the media player. To end the video chat, tap in the top right.
Keep in mind
While watching videos or posts together:
- Changing the volume or muting what you're watching will only affect your device.
- Tap to pause a video, or tap and drag the scrubber at the bottom of the video to skip ahead. The video will also be paused or skipped ahead for the account you're watching content with.
Why can’t I watch a specific TV show or movie?
If you’re having trouble watching a TV show or movie, keep in mind that:
- Some TV shows and movies may only be available in certain countries. You’ll see an error message if the account you’re video chatting with doesn’t have access to the TV show or movie you want to watch.
- Based on the age provided for an account, certain accounts may not be able to watch TV shows or movies above a certain rating.