What are the requirements to apply for a verified badge on Instagram?
- Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Your account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. We don't verify general interest accounts (example: @puppymemes).
- Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and at least one post. Your profile can't contain "add me" links to other social media services.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. We review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don't consider paid or promotional content as sources for review.
Keep in mind that if you provide false or misleading information during the verification process, we will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to delete your account.
- What is Instagram?
- What happens after I apply for a verified badge on Instagram?
- If I've added multiple Instagram accounts, what push notifications will I get?
- How do I set my Instagram account to private so that only approved followers can see what I share?
- What can I do if an Instagram username is already claimed but seems inactive?