Download "A Parent's Guide to Instagram”
We know many parents and guardians think about what their teens are doing online, and we feel a great responsibility to make sure Instagram is a positive place for them to connect and share. That’s why we created this guide, which was developed and localized with the help of safety and parenting organizations around the world.
This resource focuses on three things: how to manage privacy, interactions and time on Instagram. It also includes the basics of our app, and a description of our tools, plus a discussion guide for how parents and guardians can have an open conversation with their teens about Instagram.
Download the guide below for more information:
- I'm having thoughts about suicide or self-injury.
- I'm worried about someone after seeing content they've shared on Instagram about suicide or self-injury. What can I do?
- How do I help an LGBTQ person who has shared suicidal content on Instagram?
- I think someone I know may have a problem with opioid or substance misuse.
- How do I manage my privacy on Instagram?