Download "A Parent's Guide to Instagram”
We know many parents and guardians think about what their teens are doing online, and we feel a great responsibility to make sure Instagram is a positive place for them to connect and share. That’s why we created this guide, which was developed and localized with the help of safety and parenting organizations around the world.
This resource focuses on three things: how to manage privacy, interactions and time on Instagram. It also includes the basics of our app, and a description of our tools, plus a discussion guide for how parents and guardians can have an open conversation with their teens about Instagram.
Download the guide below for more information:
- I think someone I know may have a problem with opioid or substance misuse.
- Reporting harassment or bullying on Instagram.
- I'm having thoughts about suicide or self-injury.
- What organizations can provide support if someone shares an intimate image of myself or a friend on Instagram without permission?
- How can I report a convicted sex offender on Instagram?