Download "A Parent's Guide to Instagram”
We know many parents and guardians think about what their teens are doing online, and we feel a great responsibility to make sure Instagram is a positive place for them to connect and share. That’s why we created this guide, which was developed and localized with the help of safety and parenting organizations around the world.
This resource focuses on three things: how to manage privacy, interactions and time on Instagram. It also includes the basics of our app, and a description of our tools, plus a discussion guide for how parents and guardians can have an open conversation with their teens about Instagram.
Download the guide below for more information:
- How can I or my teen report abusive behavior or inappropriate/offensive material?
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me without my permission?
- Privacy and Safety Tips for Instagram
- How do I help a member of the US military community (example: active soldier, veteran or family member) who has shared suicidal content?
- Tips for staying safe on Instagram.