Choose Who Can Send You Instagram Direct Messages and Add You to Group Conversations
With Instagram Direct, you can choose who can send your account a message or add your account to group conversations.To change your Instagram Direct settings:
- Go to your profile by tapping in the bottom right.
- Tap in the top right.
- Tap Settings > Privacy > Messages.
- From here you can update:
- Who you want to receive new message requests from by tapping the circle to the right of the audience you prefer.
- Who can add you to a group conversation by tapping the circle to the right of the audience you prefer.
If someone who's not in your selected audience tries to message you or add you to a group conversation, they’ll see that you don’t allow messages from everyone.
Keep in mind, if you block someone, they won't be able to send you a message request or add you to a group conversation.