How do I start a live video on Instagram?
You can share a live video to connect with your followers in real time. Once a live video has ended, it's no longer visible in the app, unless you share a replay of it to your story.
To start a live video:
- Tap in the top left of the screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap Live at the bottom of the screen, then tap Start Live Video.
- The number of viewers appears at the top of the screen and comments appear at the bottom. Tap Comment to add a comment, and tap and hold a comment to pin it to the top so that viewers can see it more easily.
- To turn comments off, tap then select Turn Off Commenting. Keep in mind that any keyword filters you've turned on will also apply to comments on your live video.
- When you're done, tap End in the top right then tap to confirm. From there, you can tap Save in the top right to save it to your camera roll, or share it to your story.