How do I start a live video on Instagram?
To start a live video from the Instagram app
- Tap at the top or swipe right anywhere in Feed, then scroll to Live at the bottom.
- To add a title, tap Title on the left and enter a title, then tap Add Title.
- Tap at the bottom. The number of viewers appears at the top of the screen and comments appear at the bottom.
- You can add a comment by tapping Comment at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap a comment and tap Pin Comment to pin it so that viewers can see it more easily.
- When you're done, tap End in the top right then tap to confirm. From there, you can tap in the top left to save it to your camera roll, or share it to IGTV.
Keep in mind that when you save your live video to your IGTV or download the video from Live Archive, only the video is saved, and not things like comments, likes and viewers. It may take a minute for your live video to save to your phone, especially for longer videos.
Managing a live video
- To turn comments off, tap (iPhone) or (Android) at the bottom, then tap Turn Off Commenting. Keep in mind that any keyword filters you've turned on will also apply to comments on your live video.
- To turn off requests to go live with you, tap (iPhone) or (Android) at the bottom, then tap Turn Off Requests To Go Live.
- If you're on an iOS device, you can tap in the bottom right to add photos and videos from your camera roll to your live video. To stop displaying your photo or video, swipe right on your camera roll below and tap . Keep in mind that only you can see the photos and videos in your camera roll while you're sharing a live video. This won’t be available in a live room with guests.
Note: You may not be able to start a live video on Instagram if you've previously posted something that's been removed for going against our Community Guidelines.