How do I share a live video on Instagram?
You can share a live video to connect with your followers in real time. Once a live video has ended, it's no longer visible on Instagram.
To start a live video:
- Tap in the top left of the screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap Live at the bottom of the screen, then tap Start Live Video. Your followers may be notified when you start a live video.
- The number of viewers appears in the top right of the screen, and comments appear at the bottom. Tap Comment to add a comment, and tap and hold a comment to pin it to the top so that viewers can see it more easily.
- To turn comments off, tap then select Turn Off Commenting. Keep in mind that any keyword filters you've turned on will also apply to comments on your live video.
- When you're done, tap End in the top right then tap to confirm.
Keep in mind that you may not be able to share a live video if your account was recently created.