How do I mute or unmute someone's Instagram story?
If you don't want someone's story to appear in the bar at the top of Feed, you can mute their story:
- At the top of feed, tap and hold the profile picture of the person whose story you'd like to mute.
- Select Mute, then tap Mute Story.
To unmute a story you've muted, repeat these steps and select Unmute (iPhone) or Unmute Story (Android).
If you mute someone's stories, their stories:
- Will appear at the end of the bar at the top of feed
- Won't have a colorful ring around them when they're updated
- Won't automatically play when you watch stories