How can I adjust how ads on Instagram are shown to me based on data about my activity from partners?
To show you more relevant ads, we receive and use data that advertisers and other partners provide to us about your activity on their websites and apps, as well as certain offline interactions, such as purchases. For example, we may show you an ad for a shirt based on your visit to a clothing website. You can control whether you see ads based on your activity off of Instagram, through Data About Your Activity From Partners in your Settings.
To see and adjust this setting:
- Go to your profile and tap in the top right.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Ads then Data About Your Activity From Partners below Ad Preferences.
- Choose whether we can use data from partners to show you ads.
Keep in mind, this setting controls whether we can show you personalized ads on Instagram based on data about your activity from our partners. If you turn off this setting, the ads you see may still be based on your activity on our platform. They may also be based on information from a specific business that has shared a list of individuals or devices with us, if we've matched your profile to information on that list.
If you've enabled connected experiences across your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you can also adjust your Facebook ad experience through the Data About Your Activity From Partners setting.
We adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and participate in the opt-out programs established by the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. You can opt out from all participating companies through these sites.
- What are my ad topic preferences and how can I adjust them on Instagram?
- How does Instagram decide which ads to show me?
- Aside from ads, how do I grow my audience on Instagram?
- How do I choose to see fewer ads about social issues, elections or politics on Instagram?
- Why did I see the username of someone I follow below an ad on Instagram?