How do I report copyright infringement on Instagram?
If you believe someone is infringing your copyright, you can report it to us by filling out this form. You can also contact our designated agent. If you contact our designated agent, please be sure to include a complete copyright claim in your report.
Before you submit a report of copyright infringement, you may want to send a message to the person who posted the content. You may be able to resolve the issue without contacting Instagram.
Remember, only the copyright owner or their authorized representative may file a report of copyright infringement. If you believe something on Instagram infringes someone else’s copyright, you may want to let the rights owner know.
Please note that we regularly provide the rights owner’s name, your email address and the details of your report to the person who posted the content you are reporting. In the case that you are an authorized representative submitting a report, we provide the name of the organization or client that owns the right in question. You may wish to provide a valid generic business or professional email address for this reason.
- What information do I need to include in a copyright report?
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report?
- What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a copyright claim?
- I submitted a trademark report to Instagram. What happens now?
- How do I contact Instagram's Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) designated agent?