How do I report a claim of copyright infringement?
Submitting a claim of copyright infringement is a serious matter with legal consequences. Before you report a claim of copyright infringement to us, you may want to reach out to the person posting the content. You may be able to resolve the issue simply by bringing it to their attention without contacting Instagram at all.
If you're not sure whether the content you're reporting is infringing your legal rights, you may want to seek legal guidance. Keep in mind that submitting intentionally misleading reports of infringement may be punishable under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) in the United States or similar laws in other countries.
If you believe your copyright is being infringed, the fastest and easiest way to report that to us is to use our online form. You do not need an Instagram account to fill out this form. Alternatively, you can choose to use traditional (and slower) methods, such as mail, to contact our designated agent. In that case, you will need to make sure you send us a complete copyright claim in your report.
- How can I resolve a trademark dispute on Instagram?
- How do I know whether my copyright is being infringed by content that someone shared on Instagram?
- What should I include when submitting a report to Instagram alleging infringement of my copyright?
- Do I own the copyright to something that I filmed from the television, live concert or sporting event on my own camcorder or phone?
- What should I include when submitting a report to Instagram alleging infringement of my trademark?