Ways to Connect a Catalog to Instagram
To use shopping on Instagram, you will first need to upload your products in a catalog and connect it to your Instagram account. Once you've done that, you can submit your account for review from Shopping in Settings.
Here are four ways to connect your product catalog with your Instagram business profile:
- Use an ecommerce platform. If you use Shopify or BigCommerce, you can choose to set up a shop on Facebook directly through those platforms.
- Use Catalog Manager. This option is best if you plan on connecting to an existing catalog you already manage or have access too. You can also create a new catalog in Catalog Manager.
- Add a shop section on your Facebook Page. If your Shop uses the Message to Buy option, you will not be able to submit for review with Instagram Shopping. If your Facebook Page has country or age restriction, please note that these restrictions will not apply on Instagram.
Things to keep in mind
- Deleting Products from your Catalog. When you delete a product from your catalog, it will remove the ability to feature that product on Instagram. You'll also lose insights for the associated tag that's been deleted.
- Switching Catalogs. If you switch the catalog you are using with shopping on Instagram, your existing product tags won't be moved, deleted, or changed. You can switch the catalog you want to in your Business Settings