Connect a Facebook Catalog with an Instagram Business Profile
In order to enable product tags and stickers on Instagram, you'll need to complete set up to access the feature. After checking that your business is eligible, you will need to host your products in a catalog in order to be reviewed for this feature.
Here are four ways to connect your product catalog with your Instagram business profile:
- Use Catalog Manager. This option is best if you plan on connecting to an existing catalog you already manage or have access too. You can also create a new catalog in Catalog Manager.
- Use Business Manager. You must use the Business Manager account that owns the Facebook Page that is linked to your Instagram Business Profile. If the catalog you'd like to use is in another Business Manager account, make sure the two Business Manager accounts are partnered.
- Add a shop section on your Facebook Page. Shops created on Facebook Pages that have country or age restrictions can't support shopping on Instagram. The Message to Buy option is also not supported.
Things to keep in mind
- Deleting Products from your Catalog. When you delete a product from your catalog, it will remove the ability to feature that product on Instagram. You'll also lose insights for the associated tag that's been deleted.
- Switching Catalogs. If you switch the catalog you are using with shopping on Instagram, your existing product tags won't be moved, deleted, or changed. You can switch the catalog you want to in your Business Settings
- Out of Stock Products. If a product is out of stock, the associated product tag will be removed. Currently, the product tag won't reappear when the product comes back into stock.