What types of ID does Instagram accept?
Instagram accepts any ID that shows your name and date of birth, including your:
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- Marriage certificate
- Non-driver's government ID (example: disability, SNAP or national ID card)
- Official name change paperwork
- Personal or vehicle insurance card
- Voter ID card
If you don't have an ID that shows your name and date of birth, we'll also accept the following items. Together, these items should show your name and date of birth:
- Bank statement
- Bus card
- Credit card
- Library card
- Magazine subscription stub
- Medical record
- Membership ID (example: a pension card, union membership, working or professional ID)
- Paycheck stub
- School ID card
- School record
- Social Security card
- Utility bill
- Yearbook photo (actual scan or photograph of the page in your yearbook)
Please cover up any personal information we don't need to verify your identity (example: credit card number, social security number, full address).
- What if I want to upload content to Instagram but I'm not sure whether that would infringe someone's trademark?
- What can I do if someone is blackmailing me on Instagram?
- How can I get an image of my child removed?
- Does Instagram allow photos of mothers breastfeeding?
- What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a trademark claim?