What types of ID does Instagram accept?
Instagram accepts any ID that shows your name and date of birth, including your:
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- Marriage certificate
- Non-driver's government ID (example: disability, SNAP or national ID card)
- Official name change paperwork
- Personal or vehicle insurance card
- Voter ID card
If you don't have an ID that shows your name and date of birth, we'll also accept the following items. Together, these items should show your name and date of birth:
- Bank statement
- Bus card
- Credit card
- Library card
- Magazine subscription stub
- Medical record
- Membership ID (example: a pension card, union membership, working or professional ID)
- Paycheck stub
- School ID card
- School record
- Social Security card
- Utility bill
- Yearbook photo (actual scan or photograph of the page in your yearbook)
Please cover up any personal information we don't need to verify your identity (example: credit card number, social security number, full address).
- What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a trademark claim?
- How can I report a convicted sex offender on Instagram?
- I submitted a trademark report to Instagram. What happens now?
- What should I do if someone on Instagram asks me to buy goods or services from them?
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report?