What types of ID does Instagram accept?
Instagram accepts any ID that shows your name and date of birth, including your:
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- Marriage certificate
- Non-driver's government ID (example: disability, SNAP or national ID card)
- Official name change paperwork
- Personal or vehicle insurance card
- Voter ID card
If you don't have an ID that shows your name and date of birth, we'll also accept the following items. Together, these items should show your name and date of birth:
- Bank statement
- Bus card
- Credit card
- Library card
- Magazine subscription stub
- Medical record
- Membership ID (example: a pension card, union membership, working or professional ID)
- Paycheck stub
- School ID card
- School record
- Social Security card
- Utility bill
- Yearbook photo (actual scan or photograph of the page in your yearbook)
Please cover up any personal information we don't need to verify your identity (example: credit card number, social security number, full address).
- What types of accounts get removed from Instagram?
- Why am I seeing a warning before I can view a photo or video?
- Does Instagram allow photos of mothers breastfeeding?
- What is Instagram’s policy on the sale of marijuana?
- Does the number of times something gets reported determine whether or not it's removed?