What types of ID does Instagram accept?
We may ask you to provide an ID for things like confirming your identity, age, or account information. In most cases you’ll need to provide us a copy of something with your full name and photo on it or something that includes your full name and indicates your age. You have several different options for this, including photo IDs issued by the government and IDs from non-government organizations. In some cases, you may also be asked to take a selfie to confirm that the photo you provided is you.
Please only submit the required documents. Submitting more documents than necessary may delay the review process.
Don't digitally conceal ID information
To help us prevent fake IDs and other abuses, we don't accept photos that have been digitally modified to hide information.
We ignore any sensitive information on your ID that is not required for our review, such as your ID number or social security number. Please physically cover any non-essential information on your ID before you take a photo of the document.
You can send us one of the items from group one to confirm your identity. Anything that you send us should contain either your full name and photo or your full name and indicate your age.
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- Marriage certificate
- Official name change paperwork
- Personal or vehicle insurance card
- Non-driver's government ID (example: disability, SNAP or national ID card)
- Green card, residence permit or immigration papers
- Tribal identification or status card
- Voter ID card
- Family certificate
- National age card
- Immigration registration card
- Tax identification card
If you don't have anything from group one with a photo, you can send us two different items from either group one or group two. Anything that you send us must include your full name and at least one of the documents should contain your photo and indicate your age. The names on both documents must match each other.
- Bank statement
- Transit card
- Credit card
- Employment verification
- Library card
- Magazine subscription stub
- Medical record
- Membership ID (example: a pension card, union membership, work ID, professional ID)
- Paycheck stub
- School ID card
- School record
- Social Security card
- Utility bill
- Yearbook photo (actual scan or photograph of the page in your yearbook)
- Company loyalty card
- Family registry
- Religious documents
- Certificate of registration for accreditation or professional
- Professional license card
- Polling card
- Health insurance
- Address proof card
- Social welfare card
- What types of accounts get removed from Instagram?
- Why am I seeing a warning before I can view a photo or video on Instagram?
- What is Instagram’s policy on the sale of marijuana?
- What should I do if someone on Instagram asks me to buy goods or services from them?
- Why is Instagram asking for my birthday?