How do I create or join a Messenger Room on Instagram?
Messenger Rooms lets you create a video chat you can share with people by sending them a link. You must have a Facebook account linked to your Instagram account to create a Messenger Room.
Each Messenger Room can host up to 50 people. Anyone can join, even if they don’t have an Instagram or Facebook account. Learn more about Messenger Rooms on the Messenger Help Center.
To create a Messenger Room from the Instagram app
- Tap or in the top right of Feed or swipe left from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap in the top right.
- Tap Create a Room at the top, then tap Create a Room as [your Messenger name] at the bottom.
- Type the Instagram usernames of people you want to invite in the search bar or scroll down and tap next to their name. You can write a message about your room at the bottom.
- Tap Send , then tap Join Room. You can copy the link to your room or send the link to others on Instagram.
- Tap OK to continue in the Messenger app, the tap Join on the room lobby screen. When you join the room, you’ll be identified by your Messenger name, which will be seen by everyone in the room.You can tap Copy Link to share your Messenger Room with people who aren’t on Instagram. Keep in mind, you have to be in your room before others can join.
You can send a link to your Messenger Room to people who aren’t on Instagram. Keep in mind, you have to be in your room before others can join. Learn how to manage your Messenger Room.
To join a Messenger Room from the Instagram app
You don’t need to have an Instagram, Facebook or Messenger account to join a Messenger Room from a link in your direct messages. If the creator hasn’t joined, you won’t be able to join their room.
- Tap or in the top right or swipe left from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap the message thread, then tap the link to the room.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to join the room in the Messenger app or your mobile browser.
Note that if you are signed into Messenger, you’ll be identified by your Messenger name, which will be seen by everyone in the room.
- How do I manage message requests on Instagram?
- How do I block or unblock someone in a chat while using Messenger features on Instagram?
- How do I watch videos or view posts with other people on Instagram?
- How do I update to Messenger features on Instagram?
- How do I send messages in vanish mode on Instagram?