What are my ad topic preferences and how can I adjust them on Instagram?
We want the ads you see while on Instagram to be personalized and relevant for you. To help influence your ad experience, you can choose to see fewer ads about certain topics, including alcohol, parenting, pets and social issues, elections or politics. Please note, the social issues, elections or politics topic preference is not available in every country.
To adjust your ad topic preferences:
- Tap in the bottom right of Instagram to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right of your profile.
- Tap Settings > Ads > Ad Topic Preferences.
- Tap the circle to the right of the topic that you’d like to see fewer ads.
- Tap Save.
Keep in mind:
- Your ad topic preferences are only applied to your experience on Instagram. Learn how to update your ad topic settings for the ads you see on Facebook and on other Facebook Company Products.
- You may still see some ads related to these topics even if you chose to see fewer of them. If you do see an ad related to a topic that you chose to see fewer of, you can hide the ad and we’ll use your feedback to improve the ads you see.
Please note, all advertisers are subject to our ad policies. Alcohol is a restricted category under Facebook’s advertising policies, regardless of whether you choose to see to see fewer of these ads. Ads that promote or reference alcohol must comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals, and include age and country targeting criteria consistent with Facebook's targeting guidelines and applicable local laws.
- How do I choose to see fewer ads about social issues, elections or politics on Instagram?
- What can I do if I see an ad I don't like on Instagram?
- How are ads about social issues, elections or politics identified on Instagram?
- Aside from ads, how do I grow my audience on Instagram?
- How does Instagram decide which ads to show me?