What customer data is shared with the seller when I make a purchase on Instagram?
When a seller receives an order confirmation, they may receive the buyer's name, shipping address, phone number, email and purchase info, including the items purchased, the price of the items and any other info required to complete the order. This information may be used by the seller for order fulfillment, advertising and analytics purposes.
Keep in mind that:
- We use encryption to protect your payments and keep your credentials secure. Learn how we protect your payment information.
- When using checkout, no one can see your whole credit card number or PayPal password on Instagram after you enter it, even with your password.
- Only you can see your payment and transaction history. Your activity, such as payments or purchases, will not be shared with your friends or to your profile or feed, unless you choose to share it.
When you opt-in with Autofill on Facebook Pay, we share with the seller the payment info needed to complete the purchase and final shipping.
When you check out on Instagram using Shop Pay as a payment method, information about your purchase (including your order details and order tracking info) is shared with Shopify. Shopify may use your purchase info to improve its products and services according to its terms and policies, including to:
- Provide you with services like order tracking and payment status updates
- Recommend products, sellers and services in the Shop app