What customer data is shared with the seller when I make a purchase on Instagram?
When a seller receives an order confirmation, they are provided with the buyer's name, address, phone number, and email, so they can complete your order.
Keep in mind that:
- We use encryption to protect your payments and keep your credentials secure. Learn how we protect your payment information.
- No one can see your whole credit card number or PayPal password on Instagram after you enter it, even with your password.
- We never share your payment information with sellers or other people on Instagram, and payment info doesn’t show up on your public profile. In fact, we don’t even share your full info with those you’re paying.
When you opt-in with Autofill on Facebook Pay, we share with the merchant the payment info needed to complete the purchase and final shipping.
When you check out on Instagram using Shop Pay as a payment method, information about your purchase (including your order details and order tracking info) is shared with Shopify. Shopify may use your purchase info to improve its products and services according to its terms and policies, including to:
- Provide you with services like order tracking and payment status updates
- Recommend products, sellers and services in the Shop app