How do I block or unblock someone from commenting on my Instagram photos and videos?
When you block someone from commenting, they can still view your photos and videos. Any new comments from them won’t be visible to anyone else except for them.
To block someone from commenting on your photos and videos:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy, then tap Comments.
- Next to Block Comments From, tap People.
- Enter the name of the person you want to block, then tap Block next to their name.
To unblock someone from commenting on your photos and videos, tap Unblock next to their name and then tap Unblock again to confirm.
Keep in mind that when you block someone from commenting, it doesn't remove their previous comments. Learn more about blocking people.
- How do I block or unblock someone on Instagram?
- How do I unfollow someone on Instagram?
- Are my comments and likes still visible to people I block on Instagram?
- When I block someone on Instagram, do their likes and comments disappear from my photos and videos?
- Can a person I blocked still mention me on Instagram?