Can I mix my own audio with music or someone else’s original audio in my reel on Instagram?
Yes, you can record a reel with your own audio and mix it with music or original audio by another Reels creator. To mix your audio before sharing your reel:
- After recording your reel, tap at the bottom.
- Tap at the top.
- To add music, tap Add on the right and select a song. Use the slider bar at the bottom to choose what part of the song you want to play in your reel. Tap Done in the top right.
- To edit audio you previously selected, tap Edit and use the slider bar at the bottom. You can also tap in the top left to delete the audio or tap the audio title in the top middle to change it. Tap Done in the top right.
- Tap and drag the bars below Mix Audio to adjust the volume of your audio and the audio you selected.
- Tap your reel at the top, then share your reel.
Keep in mind, only audio recorded by your microphone while filming your reel or audio that is part of a video you uploaded will appear as Your Audio on the left. Audio from our music library or original audio by another Reels creator will appear on the right.
How will my mixed audio show up on Instagram and in downloads?
- Reels including licensed audio or original audio from another Reels creator: The audio will be attributed to them and appear on the audio page for that track. When you download these reels, all the audio will be removed from your download.
- Reels with only your original audio: The audio will be attributed to you and appear on the audio page for that track. You can download these reels with all the audio.
Note that if audio included in your reel is deleted, all the audio in your reel will be removed. We’ll send you a notification if this happens.