How do I buy something through Instagram?
Note that product detail pages showing View on Website are part of Instagram Shopping and cannot be purchased through Instagram. Learn the difference between Instagram checkout and Instagram Shopping.
- Tap any post with a to reveal the item name and price.
- Tap any price tag to see the product detail page and if Instagram checkout is available.
- You may need to select specifications for your purchase (example: color, size).
- Tap Checkout on Instagram or Add to Bag.
- Tap Proceed to Checkout once you’re ready.
- Enter your Delivery Address then tap Next.
- Enter your Payment Method.
- Review your order details then tap Place Order.
Note: If you’re entering your address for the first time, you must first enter an address that matches the address on your payment method. To ship to a different address, you can always add an additional delivery address.
Once you place your order, you'll see the option to create a PIN for easy and secure checkouts on future orders.
You might see different ways to buy something on Instagram. They might appear as posts or stories from the brands or people you follow, or from an ad.
Swipe to shop
On posts and stories available, some brands feature a swipe feature that directly takes you to a checkout page, where you can view more product details, specifications, and pricing. Once you're ready to check out, you can follow the checkout instructions to complete your purchase.
Brands or people you follow may post about upcoming product launches for purchase through Instagram. When you see a post or Story, you can Set a Reminder and get notified 24 hours and also 15 minutes before the product launches.
When the product launches, you can checkout without leaving Instagram. You can add your delivery and payment information before the product is launched to get ready for checkout as products can sometimes sell out quickly.