Promote an Instagram Story
You can promote active Stories and Stories that have been featured in your highlights or archived. Some creative elements are not available for ads that run in Stories. You can use hashtags, @mentions and location tags in Branded Content Stories ads. However, make sure to avoid using GIFs, emojis, music, more than one sticker and other creative tools in Stories you'd like to use in Branded Content ads.
To promote an active story:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap your profile picture to access your story.
- At the bottom of the story's image or video, Tap ... More
- Select Promote from the options.
- Fill in the details of your promotion by setting things like Audience (who you want to reach), Budget (how much you want to spend) and Duration (how long you want your promotion to run). Tap Next once you've completed these details.
- To complete your promotion, tap Promote.
You'll receive a notification in your Activity Feed after you submit a promotion for review, when it's getting reviewed, if it's approved or disapproved and when the campaign ends.
Stories that are promoted will run for as long as you set the duration for. The active story on your profile will expire after 24 hours, however the promoted story will still run as an ad. You can also use the promote button for archived and highlighted stories.