How do I upload a video to IGTV on Instagram?
To upload a video that’s at least 60 seconds to IGTV:
- Tap at the bottom and choose the video you want to upload.
- Tap Next in the top right, select Long Video, then tap Continue.
- Tap and slide the image at the bottom to select a cover image or tap Add from Camera Roll (iPhone) or Add from Gallery (Android). Tap Next.
- Enter a title and an optional description.
- Tap Post in the top right.
Before posting your IGTV video, you can also:
- Tap Add to Series if you want to add your video to an IGTV series. To create a new series, tap New Series, enter a series name, then tap Create. Tap Done in the top right.
- Tap next to Post a Preview to show a preview of your video in Feed and on your profile.
- Previews will automatically be the first 15 seconds of your video.
- Tap Edit Preview to adjust your preview (you’ll only have this option if your video is 9:16. If your video is 16:9, it will show in full.) Tap Save in the top right.
- Tap Edit Profile Cover to adjust how your IGTV cover photo shows up on your profile grid. Tap Save in the top right
- Tap next to Make Visible on Facebook to share your video to Facebook and Watch. You must connect a Facebook Page to your Instagram. Tap Done in the top right.
- Tap Advanced Settings, then tap next to Captions to turn on automatic video captions. Tap Done in the top right.
- Tap n the top left, then tap the square in the bottom left to choose the video you want to upload. You can also press and hold to record a video directly on the app.
- Tap in the bottom right.
- Follow steps 3 - 5 above.
- From a computer, open your web browser and go to Instagram.com.
- Go to your profile and click IGTV.
- Click Upload.
- Click and choose a video, or drag and drop a video file.
- Add a title and description. You can also choose to share a preview of your video to Instagram feed and your profile or share your video to a Facebook Page.
- Click Post.
Sharing a preview of your IGTV video to feed and your profile
When you share a video to feed and your profile, it appears as a preview, which is the first section of your video. Once the preview is finished, the video pauses, and viewers will need to tap Keep Watching to continue watching the full video. Keep in mind that if you share a preview of your IGTV video to feed and your profile:
- Tapping the video on your profile opens a preview of your IGTV video with a link to the full video.
- Tapping the video in feed will turn sound on and off.
- Tapping the link will open the full IGTV video and allow you to keep watching from where you left off in feed.
- Removing the preview from your profile and from feed won't affect the availability of the video on IGTV.
- Previews will show a 4:5 center crop of your IGTV video.
Learn more about video upload requirements for IGTV.
- How do I remove an IGTV preview from my Instagram profile and feed?
- How do I share my IGTV video on Instagram to my Facebook Page?
- How do I add or remove a video from an IGTV series on Instagram?
- How do I find and watch IGTV videos on Instagram?
- How do I send an IGTV video in a direct message on Instagram?