How do I upload a video to IGTV on Instagram?
To upload a video to IGTV:
From the Instagram app:
- Tap at the bottom and choose the video you want to upload, then tap Next.
- Select Long Video to share a video that’s at least 60 seconds to IGTV. Videos shorter than 60 seconds can be shared to your feed and profile by selecting Short Video > Continue.
- Tap and slide the image at the bottom of the screen to select a cover image or tap Add from Camera Roll (iPhone) or Add from Gallery (Android). Tap Next.
- Add a title and description.
- If you’d like to add your video to an IGTV series, tap Add to Series. Note that if this is your first time creating a series, you’ll need to create a series name.
- You can choose to post a preview of your video to Feed and your profile or share your video to a Facebook Page, then tap Post.
- Previews will automatically be the first 15 seconds of your video.
- If you’ve chosen to post a preview, you can tap Edit Profile Cover to adjust how your IGTV cover photo shows up on your profile grid.
- You can also tap Edit Preview to adjust how your IGTV video will be previewed in feed (you’ll only have this option if your video is 9:16. If 16:9, your video will show in full).
Note that if you share a video longer 60 seconds to your feed and profile by selecting Short Video, the video will be trimmed to 60 seconds.
From the IGTV app:
- Tap at the top and choose the video you want to upload by tapping the square on the bottom left. You can also press and hold to record a video directly on the app.
- Tap Next.
- Follow steps 3 - 6 above.
On the web at Instagram.com:
- From a computer, open your web browser and go to Instagram.com.
- Go to your profile and click IGTV.
- Click Upload.
- Click and choose a video, or drag and drop a video file.
- Add a title and description. You can also choose to share a preview of your video to Instagram feed and your profile or share your video to a Facebook Page.
- Click Post.
Sharing a preview of your IGTV video to feed and your profile
When you share a video to feed and your profile, it appears as a preview, which is the first section of your video. Once the preview is finished, the video pauses, and viewers will need to tap Keep Watching to continue watching the full video. Keep in mind that if you share a preview of your IGTV video to feed and your profile:
- Tapping the video on your profile opens a preview of your IGTV video with a link to the full video.
- Tapping the video in feed will turn sound on and off.
- Tapping the link will open the full IGTV video and allow you to keep watching from where you left off in feed.
- Removing the preview from your profile and from feed won't affect the availability of the video on IGTV.
- Previews will show a 4:5 center crop of your IGTV video.
Learn more about video upload requirements for IGTV.
- How do I share my IGTV video on Instagram to my Facebook Page?
- How do I remove an IGTV preview from my Instagram profile and feed?
- How do I add or remove a video from an IGTV series on Instagram?
- How do I share an IGTV video to my Instagram story?
- How do I send an IGTV video in a direct message on Instagram?