Create a Product Launch on Instagram
Product launches encourage shoppers to buy your products as soon as they become available. For businesses, this means that product launches should be set up at least 3 days in advance. When your product launch is set up, you can start tagging your product(s) to generate awareness. When people interact with your product tags, they’ll be able to learn more about your product(s) and set reminders to purchase.
Before you begin
- Make sure you're an admin of the Instagram account you're setting up the product launch for.
- Before adding launch products to your catalog, make sure the default visibility for products in your shop is set to Products added to shop and tagged on Instagram. This ensures that you control what products are visible in your shop and avoid making products available prior to the desired launch time. This setting is found in the Shops menu in Commerce Manager.
- To set up a product launch, your product(s) must be added to your catalog.
Create a Product Launch on Instagram
To set up a product launch on Instagram:
- Go to Commerce Manager.
- Select the shop you'd like to create the product launch for.
- Click Product Launches under the Promotions tab.
- Click Create Product Launch.
- Details: Create a product launch for a collection or a single product. You have the option to create a product launch for a collection or a single product. If launching a collection, you will be asked to provide a customer-facing name and description (optional) for the launch, and to upload a cover image (optional) for the launch. This name, description, and cover image (optional) will be used to create a new collection in your shop. Enter a launch date and time for your product(s), and select an end time for the Instagram-exclusive period.
- Products: Select products to include in your launch. Check inventory counts for your launch product(s), you can restock your inventory anytime, including when it is live.
- Products: Select which products to include in your launch.
- Purchase Limits: Set purchase limits for your products.You can set purchase limits for your products, which means that customers will only be able to purchase a set number of items that you specify.
- Safeguards: Ensure a seamless purchasing experience. Product launches encourage shoppers to make purchases right when your products become available. If you’re using a third-party platform, we recommend that you make your launch an exclusive to Instagram to prevent your products from being oversold. You will be asked to certify that your launch inventory will be available for sale only on Instagram for a period of at least one hour. To ensure you can receive and fulfill orders as quickly as possible, your customers will not have a 30-minute cancellation window when you use product launches.
- Return Settings: Set custom return settings. With product launches, you have the option to specify custom return windows by product, down to 0 days (final sale).
- Review: Review details for your product launch. Click Confirm Details to finish setting up your launch.
- Your collection or product(s) must be added to your shop on Instagram, or tagged in a post, story, IGTV video, Reels or Live broadcast.
- You also have the option to give creators permission to tag your product(s) ahead of the launch.
- Clicking Add to Shop to add items to your shop.
- Tagging it in a post, story, or on IGTV, Reels and when you go Live.
- Giving permission to creators to share it.
You’ve now set up a Product Launch
You can view and edit all scheduled product launches from the Product Launches tab in Commerce Manager. If something comes up and you’d like to cancel your product launch, make sure to remove the product tags on Instagram or remove the products from your product catalog. If you don’t remove your products, the products may become viewable as available for purchase.