How do I mention someone in my story on Instagram?
When sharing a photo or video to your story, you can mention someone:
- Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Take a photo or video, then tap .
- Type @ followed immediately by their username, then select the person you'd like to mention.
- Tap Done, then tap Send to.
- Tap Share next to Your Story, then tap Done.
When you mention someone in your story, their username will appear in your story with an underline. Anyone who can see your story can tap it to go to their profile.
How do people know when I mention them in my story?
People you mention will get a push notification telling them that you've mentioned them in your story. They'll also get a direct message from you that includes a preview of your story. This preview disappears from the message thread after 24 hours.
How many people can I mention in my story?
You can mention up to 10 people in each photo or video you share to your story. If you mention multiple people, they'll each get a message from you individually.
Note: If you're not able to mention someone, they may have changed who can mention them in their privacy settings. You'll also be able to see if they don't allow mentions.
- How do I mention someone on Instagram?
- How do I tag people in my photo or video on Instagram?
- How do I add a location before sharing my photo or video on Instagram?
- How can I choose whether photos and videos I've been tagged in appear on my Instagram profile?
- How do I remove myself from a photo or video someone tagged me in on Instagram?