How do I share a story with my close friends list on Instagram?
You can create a close friends list and share your story with only the people on that list.
To create your close friends list using the Instagram app:
- Tap in the bottom right.
- Tap in the top right.
- Tap Close Friends, then scroll down to Suggestions (Android), or Suggested (iPhone).
- Tap Add next to the people who you want to add to your close friends list. You can also tap Search to search for a friend.
You can update your list and remove people at any time. People won't be notified when you add or remove them from your list.
To share a story with your close friends list using the Instagram app:
- Tap in the top left or swipe right from anywhere in feed.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. To choose a photo from your phone's library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen.
- When you're ready to share, tap Close Friends in the bottom left.
Keep in mind that people on your close friends list will know they're on it, but they can't see who else is on your list. Only you can see your close friends list, and no one can request to be added. If someone has added you to their list, you'll see a green badge when you're viewing their stories and a green ring around their profile photo.
Note: Stories shared with close friends disappear after 24 hours.