How do I share a story with my close friends list on Instagram?
You can create a close friends list and share your story with only the people on that list. To create your close friends list:
Instagram app for Android and iPhone
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Close Friends.
- Scroll down to Suggestions (Android), or Suggested (iPhone).
- Tap Add next to the people who you want to add to your close friends list. You can also tap Search to search for a friend.
You can update your list and remove people at any time. People won't be notified when you add or remove them from your list.
To share a story with your close friends list
- Tap at the top or swipe right anywhere in Feed, then scroll to Story at the bottom.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. To choose a photo from your phone's library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen.
- When you're ready to share, tap Close Friends in the bottom left.
Keep in mind that people on your close friends list will know they're on it, but they can't see who else is on your list. Only you can see your close friends list, and no one can request to be added. If someone has added you to their list, you'll see a green badge when you're viewing their stories and a green ring around their profile photo.
Note: Stories shared with close friends disappear after 24 hours.