More Information About High-Reach Accounts on Instagram
We've added features to protect high-reach accounts from impersonation, and to protect the Instagram community from spam. High-reach accounts are public accounts on Instagram that reach a large number of people.
People who visit the profile of a high-reach account on Instagram will be able to see things like:
- Date Joined: This is the date the account was created. This helps people understand how long the account has been on Instagram.
- Country: This is the country location based on the account's activity. This helps people understand if the account is accurately representing their location on Instagram.
- Ads: These are the ads the account is currently running.
- Former Usernames: This includes changes made to the account's username, and helps people identify whether the account is authentic or misleading.
- Accounts With Shared Followers: People will be able to see other public accounts that have the most followers in common with the account they're viewing. This helps people identify accounts with similar interests.
- When does Instagram send push notifications to my device?
- If I've added multiple Instagram accounts, what push notifications will I get?
- What is the Instagram Android Beta Program?
- What are the requirements to apply for a verified badge on Instagram?
- Can I obtain information about someone’s Instagram account?