Promote an Instagram Post
To promote your Instagram Post:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap the post you'd like to promote.
- Avoid promoting posts featuring images greater than 8 MB.
- Below the post's image, tap Promote.
- Fill in the details of your promotion by setting things like Goal (what results you'd like from this promotion), Audience (who you want to reach), Budget (how much you want to spend daily) and Duration (how long you want your promotion to run). Tap Next once you've completed these details.
- If you didn’t link to a Facebook Page when you set up your Instagram professional account, you will be prompted to connect a Page. You can choose an existing Page or tap Skip.
- If you tap Skip, you won’t see this step when you promote future posts. You can still connect a Facebook Page to your profile at any time.
Once you've tapped Create Promotion, your ad will be submitted for review to make sure it meets our ad policies. Your promotion will begin running after it's been reviewed and approved. You'll receive a notification in your Activity Feed after you submit a promotion for review, when it's getting reviewed, if it's approved or disapproved and when the campaign ends.
Note: You can also promote a new post that you create on Instagram. Just toggle on the Create a Promotion option before you share your new Instagram post.