How do I create a PIN for Instagram payments?
We are rolling out Facebook Pay on Instagram to some features first, with the intention to bring this service to more features over time. To learn more about Facebook Pay, visit pay.facebook.com.
During this transition, some people will still see Instagram Checkout.
Once you place your order, you'll see the option to create a PIN for easy and secure checkout for future orders. You can also set or change your PIN in your Settings.
- Tap your profile.
- Tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Payments.
- Tap Security PIN.
- Follow on-screen instructions to set your PIN.
To change or turn off your existing PIN, tap PIN and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Tap your profile image in the bottom right.
- Tap in the top right.
- Select Orders & Payments.
- Select Security and tap next to Always Ask for PIN to Confirm Payments.
- Next, enter a 4-digit number to setup your PIN. Then, enter that same number again to confirm your PIN.
For added security, you can opt to use Biometric Data (Android) or Face ID (iPhone) to confirm payments with Facebook Pay.
If you forget your PIN, select Change PIN and then Forgot PIN? From here, enter your Instagram password to reset your PIN.
If you suspect your PIN was hacked or compromised, contact support for help.