Can I report a username for infringing my trademark?
Usernames are generally claimed on a first-come, first-served basis. This means that you may see an Instagram account that includes your trademark in its username. While there may be cases where this type of use can be reported for trademark infringement based on the context of its use, please note that not every use of your trademark in a username is necessarily a trademark infringement. The same word used in a different context may not violate your trademark. See “What is trademark infringement?” to learn more.
If you believe that a username infringes your trademark rights, you may want to contact the responsible person and try to resolve your issue with them directly. If you’re sure you want to report a username on Instagram that you believe infringes your trademark, you can do so by completing this form.
- How do I report trademark infringement on Instagram?
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate trademark law?
- I can't sign up for an account because an account with my email address or phone number already exists.
- How do I choose people to hide my story from?
- Can I share other people's posts to my Twitter account?