How do I report a comment for abuse or spam?
If you see comments that aren't following our Community Guidelines, you can report them. To report a comment:
- Tap below the post
- Swipe left over the comment (iPhone) or tap and hold the comment (Android) you'd like to report
- Tap Spam or Scam or Abusive Content
- Select an option for why the comment is abusive
When you report an inappropriate comment, your report is anonymous, meaning your information is never shared with the person whose posted the comment.
If someone leaves an inappropriate comment on your post, you can delete it.
- How do I report a child under the age of 13 on Instagram?
- How do I report copyright infringement on Instagram?
- How do I report an inappropriate video?
- How can I or my teen report abusive behavior or inappropriate/offensive material?
- I'm worried about someone after seeing content they've shared about suicide or self-injury. What can I do?