How do I report trademark infringement on Instagram?
Instagram can’t adjudicate disputes between third parties, and so we wouldn’t be in a position to act on trademark reports that require an in-depth trademark analysis or a real-world dispute outside of Instagram. In these situations, rather than contacting Instagram, you may want to reach out directly to the party that you believe is infringing your rights, or seek any resolution in court or by other judicial means. If you’re sure you want to report content on Instagram that you believe infringes your trademark, you can do so by completing this form.
Please note that submitting a claim of trademark infringement is a serious matter with potential legal consequences. Before you submit a report, you may want to send a message to the person who posted the content and resolve the issue with them directly. You may be able to resolve the issue without contacting Instagram.
Remember, only the trademark owner or their authorized representative may file a report of trademark infringement. If you believe something on Instagram infringes someone else’s trademark, you may want to let the rights owner know.
Please note that we regularly provide the rights owner’s name, your email address and the details of your report to the person who posted the content you are reporting. This person may contact you with the information you provide. You may wish to provide a valid generic business or professional email address for this reason.
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate trademark law?
- Can I report the infringement of someone else's intellectual property (copyright or trademark)?
- Content I posted was removed because it was reported for intellectual property (copyright or trademark) infringement. What are my next steps?
- What are trademarks and what do they protect?
- What should I consider before submitting a report of intellectual property (copyright or trademark) infringement?