Tagging is currently only available for the iPhone and Android apps.
Tagging People in Your Photos
To tag people in your photo as you're sharing it:
- Tap Tag People from the Share screen.
- Tap on someone in the photo.
- Start entering their name or username and select them from the dropdown menu. If you don't see the person you're looking for, tap Search for a person.
To add people to a photo you've already uploaded:
- Go to the photo.
- Tap (Apple iOS) or(Android) below the photo.
- Tap Tag People.
This feature is currently only available for the Apple iOS and Android apps.
Photos You're Tagged in on Your Profile
When other people tag you in photos, these photos may show up on your profile. Tap to see them. Who sees these photos on your profile depends on your visibility settings:
- Posts are Public: Anyone can see photos you're tagged in on your profile
- Posts are Private: Only confirmed followers can see photos you're tagged in on your profile
You can hide photos you're tagged in from your profile or remove the tag if you don't want anyone to see them. You can also choose to manually approve photos you're tagged in before they appear on your profile.
You can choose whether photos you're tagged in appear on your profile automatically or only after you approve them. By default, when someone tags a photo or video of you, it will automatically be added to your profile. To manually select which photos you're tagged in appear on your profile:
- Go to your profile and tap
- Tap on Android or on iPhone in the top-right corner
- Tap Add Automatically or Add Manually
If you choose to add photos to your profile manually, you'll still be notified when someone tags you in a photo. To add that photo to your profile, tap on the photo, then tap your username and select Show on My Profile.
Send feedback about tagging.