How does Instagram decide which ads to show me?
We want to show you ads from businesses that are interesting and relevant to you, and to do that, we use information about what you do on Instagram and Facebook (our parent company) and on third-party sites and apps you use. For example, you might see ads based on the people you follow and things you like on Instagram, your information and interests on Facebook (if you have a Facebook account), and the websites and apps you visit.
Learn more about:
- Aside from ads, how do I grow my audience on Instagram?
- What are my ad topic preferences and how can I adjust them on Instagram?
- Why does my Instagram username or profile photo show in some ads to my friends?
- How are ads about social issues, elections or politics identified on Instagram?
- How do I choose to see fewer ads about social issues, elections or politics on Instagram?