How does Instagram decide which ads to show me?
We want to show you ads from businesses that are interesting and relevant to you, and to do that we may use information about what you do on Instagram and Facebook (our parent company) as well as your activity on third-party sites and apps you use. We also may use information provided by businesses outside of Instagram or Facebook Company Products to decide which ads to show you. For example, you might see ads based on the people you follow and posts you like on Instagram, your information and interests on Facebook (if you have a Facebook account), the websites and apps you visit, or information advertisers, their partners, and our marketing partners share with us that they already have, like your email address.
Learn more about:
- What are my ad topic preferences and how can I adjust them on Instagram?
- Aside from ads, how do I grow my audience on Instagram?
- Why did I see the username of someone I follow below an ad on Instagram?
- What can I do if I see an ad I don't like on Instagram?
- How are ads about social issues, elections or politics identified on Instagram?