How do I help a law enforcement officer who has posted suicidal content?
If someone you know is in immediate physical danger, contact 911 or a suicide hotline immediately. Please explain to law enforcement that this is a member of their community so they can provide custom support.
We also ask that you report the content to us so we can reach out to this person with information that may be helpful to them:
- Tap (iPhone and Windows Phone) or(Android) below the post
- Tap Report > It's inappropriate
- Select Self injury
You can also share resources:
- SafeCallNow.org is an excellent resource for public safety employees to speak confidentially with other public safety professionals.
- Download our Law Enforcement Suicide Prevention Guide.
Learn about other resources and tips for providing support.
- How do I help a member of the US military community (example: active soldier, veteran or family member) who has shared suicidal content on Instagram?
- I'm worried about someone after seeing content they've shared on Instagram about suicide or self-injury. What can I do?
- What can I do if someone is blackmailing me on Instagram?
- How can I report a convicted sex offender on Instagram?
- How do I manage my privacy on Instagram?