The email for my Instagram account was changed.
If the email listed in your Instagram profile has changed, we'll send two emails asking you to accept or reverse the request. To make sure the request came from you, one email is sent to the original email to deny the change and one is sent to the new email address to allow the change.
If you made the request to change your Instagram profile email:
You'll need to accept the request from your new email account listed in your Instagram profile. This helps us confirm that you have access to the email you're requesting to associate with your Instagram account. We'll also send an email to the original email account listed in your Instagram profile allowing you to reverse the request if it was not requested by you.
If you did not make the request to change your Instagram profile email:
You'll need to deny the request from the original email associated with your Instagram account. The email will come from email@example.com with a special link you can click to reverse the email change and help secure your account.
Keep in mind that we only initiate this process after an email is changed from the Instagram Profile page and that we won't change your Instagram email without your permission.
Learn more about what to do if you think your Instagram account was hacked or compromised.
If you're having trouble accessing your original Instagram account email, learn what you can do.
- I can't locate my account or don't know my username on Instagram.
- I'm receiving a password reset email for the wrong Instagram account.
- What can I do if I've lost access to the email or phone number I signed up with on Instagram?
- What can I do if my Instagram account has been disabled?
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me on Instagram without my permission?