How do I report a live video on Instagram?
If you see someone's live video and think it goes against Instagram's Community Guidelines, you can report it. From the live video you want to report:
- Tap or click ... next to Comment at the bottom of the video.
- Tap Report (Instagram app) or Report Inappropriate (computer) then follow the on-screen instructions.
We recommend reporting any live video you think goes against our Community Guidelines. This can include:
- Physical abuse
- Bullying or harassment
- Child abuse and endangerment
- Threats of real-world violence
We recommend submitting a report if you think a live video goes against our Community Guidelines, but aren’t sure if it’s being shared to speak out against something or educate others.
If you aren’t sure a live video is fake or meant to be a joke, we also recommend submitting a report if you think it goes against our Community Guidelines. The safety of our viewers and creators is our highest priority and your account won’t be affected if you submit a report.
When you report a live video, Instagram will review it as quickly as possible and remove videos that don't follow our policies. We recognize the urgency of responding to time-sensitive reports while content is streaming live.
Once you submit a report you'll receive a message when your report has been reviewed by Instagram. Creators who’ve previously posted something that's been removed for going against our Community Guidelines may not be able to start another live video on Instagram.
When you report a live video, keep in mind:
- Your report is anonymous, except if you’re reporting an intellectual property infringement. The video creator won’t see who reported them.
- You may not be able to see what happens to the account you reported.
- We may determine the live video doesn’t go against our Community Guidelines.
- Depending on the severity of the situation, we may decide to end the live video, disable the account or contact law enforcement.
- If you’re having trouble viewing a live video, you can report it. Keep in mind that if you're having a problem viewing a live video, it could be because of a network or internet connection issue.