How do I report a live broadcast on Instagram?
Reporting a live broadcast from the Instagram app or from a computer on Instagram.com
If you see someone's live broadcast and think it goes against Instagram's Community Guidelines, you can report it. From the live broadcast you want to report:
- Tap or click next to Comment at the bottom of the broadcast.
- Tap Report (Instagram app) or Report Inappropriate (computer) then follow the on-screen instructions.
What kinds of live broadcasts can I report on Instagram?
We recommend reporting any live broadcast you think goes against our Community Guidelines. This can include:
- Physical abuse
- Bullying or harassment
- Child abuse and endangerment
- Threats of real-world violence
What if I’m not sure about reporting a live broadcast on Instagram?
We recommend submitting a report if you think a live broadcast goes against our Community Guidelines, but aren’t sure if it’s being shared to speak out against something or educate others.
If you aren’t sure a live broadcast is fake or meant to be a joke, we also recommend submitting a report if you think it goes against our Community Guidelines. The safety of our viewers and creators is our highest priority and your account won’t be affected if you submit a report.
What happens when I report a live broadcast on Instagram?
When you report a live broadcast, Instagram will review it as quickly as possible and remove broadcasts that don't follow our policies. We recognize the urgency of responding to time-sensitive reports while content is streaming live.
Once you submit a report you'll receive a message when your report has been reviewed by Instagram. Creators who’ve previously posted something that's been removed for going against our Community Guidelines may not be able to start another live broadcast on Instagram.
When you report a live broadcast, keep in mind:
- Your report is anonymous, except if you’re reporting an intellectual property infringement. The broadcast creator won’t see who reported them.
- You may not be able to see what happens to the account you reported.
- We may determine the live broadcast doesn’t go against our Community Guidelines.
- Depending on the severity of the situation, we may decide to end the live broadcast, disable the account or contact law enforcement.
What if there’s another live broadcast issue I want to report?
- If you’re having trouble viewing a live broadcast, you can report it. Keep in mind that if you're having a problem viewing a live broadcast, it could be because of a network or internet connection issue.