What should I consider before submitting a report of intellectual property (copyright or trademark) infringement?
Before you submit a report, please consider whether the content you want to report may be a permissible use of your copyright or trademark. If you’re not sure whether the content you’re reporting infringes your legal rights, because it may be a fair use or otherwise, you may want to seek legal guidance.
Please note that submitting a report of intellectual property infringement is a serious matter with potential legal consequences. Intentionally submitting misleading or otherwise fraudulent reports of copyright or trademark infringement may lead to Instagram taking action, including termination of your account.
For copyright, it’s important to note that intentionally submitting a misleading or fraudulent report may also lead to liability for damages under section 512(f) of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) or similar laws in other countries.
- Can I report the infringement of someone else's intellectual property (copyright or trademark)?
- Can I report a username for infringing my trademark?
- How do I report trademark infringement on Instagram?
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report?
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate trademark law?