What happens if I repeatedly post content on Instagram that violates someone else’s intellectual property rights?
Repeat Infringer Policy
If you repeatedly post content that infringes someone else’s intellectual property rights, such as copyrights or trademarks, your account may be disabled or your Page removed under Instagram’s repeat infringer policy.
Under this policy, your ability to post photos or videos may be limited, and you could also lose access to certain features or functionality on Instagram. The actions taken under the policy may depend on the nature of the reported content and where it was posted.
If something you posted is restored due to an appeal or because a rights owner withdrew their report, we’ll take that restoration into account under our repeat infringer policy.Learn more about what you can do if you believe your account was disabled by mistake.
- What information do I need to include in a copyright report to Instagram?
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate trademark law?
- What happens when I submit a copyright report to Instagram?
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report on Instagram?
- What happens when I submit a trademark report to Instagram?