How do I use an authentication app for two-factor authentication on Instagram?
When you turn on two-factor authentication, you're asked to choose either text message (SMS) codes or a third-party authentication app as your primary security method. A third-party authentication app (such as Duo Mobile or Google Authenticator) can be used to generate login codes that help us confirm it's you when you log in from a new device for the first time.
To use a third-party authentication app for login codes:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Security and scroll down to tap Two-Factor Authentication.
- If you haven't already turned two-factor authentication on, tap Get Started.
- Tap next to Authentication App, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enter the confirmation code from the third-party authentication app to complete the process.
- How do I turn on two-factor authentication on Instagram for multiple devices?
- How do I use text messages (SMS) for two-factor authentication on Instagram?
- What's two-factor authentication? How do I use it on Instagram?
- How do I change the phone number that I use for two-factor authentication?
- I think my Instagram account has been hacked.